Skip to content

Where to go When Injured at Work

Injured on the job? Do not pass GO! Do NOT collect $200. Go directly to your employer. Reporting the incident as soon as possible is essential to ensuring you’ll be compensated fairly.  Some injuries require more immediate medical attention than others. In that case, medical attention should be sought before reporting.  

Once you’ve sought any emergency medical attention, your employer will provide you with a Workers’ Compensation Claim Form. After this your claim enters the system. A claims administrator will determine whether your claim is accepted. Once this process is in motion, you’ll need to stay involved to ensure smooth sailing.  

If you have a concern about the process, first try to work it out with your claims administrator or employer. If you have reason to believe that isn’t an option, we recommend speaking to a workers compensation attorney about your case.