Skip to content

Will I Be Entitled to Retraining if I Can’t go Back to Work?

If you are unable to return to work because of your workplace injury, and you employer is unable to offer you other work, you will be likely entitled to Supplemental Job Displacement Benefits (SJDB). This benefit is available only to those who were injured on or after January 1st, 2004, have a permanent partial disability due to that injury, and whose employers could not offer them other work.  

SJDB come as a non-transferable voucher that can be used at accredited or state-approved schools for retraining or skill enhancement. Those who qualify for this program will be provided with the voucher by their claims administrator.  

If your claims administrator does not offer you the SJBD voucher, and you feel you qualify, we can help. Reach out to Bossie Law and we can discuss your case, and how you might qualify for retraining.